Its main business is excavation and loading work on behalf of the mining company Imerys.
To accomplish this, heavy earthmoving machinery is used as: dozers CAT D9N-R, D10N-R, Komatsu D375, wheeled loaders CAT 980H-M, 988B-H, Volvo L220H, Komatsu WA500, excavators CAT 349E, Komatsu PC490 and dumpers CAT 771D, 773B.
Approximately 12.000.000 metric tons are handled per year.
A 2000m2 fully equipped workshop – centrally located in the island- is used in order to offer the necessary service and maintenance for the above machinery.
Indicative repairs and applications: Engine and transmission over hauling, fuel and hydraulic pump repair, cylinder block main line boring, cylinder head and valve grinding, hard facing and joining, oxy-fuel thermal spraying , cast iron and thick section welding, cast iron stitching, reconstruction of loader buckets and blades, surface hardening for some parts, air conditioning units and automatic lubrication systems installation, hydraulic cylinder honing, sand blasting and painting.
Ergonia employs in total 65 persons .
The provision of reliable and flexible support to mining business, respecting all legal, ethical and environmental rules.
Our vision is to preserve and reinforce the leadership status of Ergonia S.A. in the field of technical support services (excavation and loading) for Mining and Quarrying activities, focusing on quality performances and safety regulations in the workplace. In this way, we remain pioneers as subcontractors and partners of large mining companies and producers of industrial minerals.
In order to achieve our long term goal and at the same time ensure and increase our profitability in the contemporary and competitive environment, we are committed to grow our business in line with the following principles and strategy :
- holding a well balanced financial state
- continuous investments on modern earth moving machines and mechanical equipment
- continuous and consistent following of the rules concerning health and safety at work
- owning and operating a well equipped and specialized workshop on heavy machinery
- selection of specialized staff with proven technical skills and work experience.
- continuous observation of our clients needs and technology evolution in our field
- continuous compliance with current European and Greek legislation requirements, concerning company’s operation and its activities
- continuous resources provision and improved processes efficiency as defined in the applied Quality Management System according to ISO 9001:2015
The adoption of the above principles can be achieved via:
- direct response to clients demands and related parts
- excellent planning and following working timetables
- perfect technical work execution which results in :
- absolute honoring of the agreement and fulfillment of our clients needs and expectations
- maintaining reliable and adequate equipment
- building loyalty and developing long term relationship with our clients
- improving the way we work and the processes followed
- continuous training of our staff on subjects related to quality on health and safety